|resources:||Home Mailing List Installation Source Code Bugs Screenshots|
Graphite enabled Firefox and Thunderbird
Graphite enabled version of Firefox 126.96.36.199 and Thunderbird 188.8.131.52 are now available for Windows. These should be able to render text using any Graphite enabled Smart Font. Most Linux distributions have pango support enabled, so you just need to install the graphite Pango module from the Graphite Subversion repository.
These have significantly improved editing support from previous SILA builds. In particular:
- Selections should now work without causing rendering problems
- Graphite text can be justified
- Cursor positioning within clusters is better
- The Graphite 2 builds fix lots of problems when using graphite fonts with ASCII characters
A Graphite enabled versions of Firefox 1.5 are now available for Windows. Firefox 1.5 now has built in support for Pango, so standard Linux builds in combination with the Silgraphite Pango Module should work reasonably well. There are currently some issues with Silgraphite Pango, but hopefully these will be resolved soon.
Installers are only available for Windows. Please, click on the link to download and then run. The latest installers are highlighted.
- Windows Installer - Firefox 184.108.40.206 Gr2 (Deer Park) – Web Browser
- Windows Installer - Firefox 220.127.116.11 Gr2 (Deer Park) – Web Browser
- Windows Installer - Firefox 18.104.22.168 Gr2 (Deer Park) – Web Browser
- Windows Installer - Thunderbird 22.214.171.124 Gr2 – Email Client
- Windows Installer - Thunderbird 126.96.36.199 Gr2 – Email Client
- Windows Installer - Firefox 1.0.6 Gr2
- Windows Installer - Thunderbird 1.0.6 Gr2
Unzip these into your preferred location e.g. c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox on Windows or /usr/local on Linux. You will need to add desktop links to the executables by hand.
- Linux - Firefox 1.0.6 Gr2
- Linux - Thunderbird 1.0.6 Gr2
- Linux - Firefox 1.0.1 Gr1.1
- Linux - Thunderbird 1.0.2 Gr1.1
- Windows - Firefox 1.0.1 Gr1.1
- Windows - Thunderbird 1.0.2 Gr1.1
Note: The 1.0.6 Gr2 builds were done on Ubuntu 1.0.4 and need libstdc++.so.5. The 1.0.1 Linux builds were done on Fedora Core 3 and need libstdc++.so.6 installed on your machine. If you have Graphite Pango installed, there will be a namespace clash with the Graphite 1 library and the application may crash.
Please download and test these builds. If you find any problems please report a bug. They should work with any Graphite enabled font. Most of the testing has been done with the Myanmar/Burmese Unicode font Padauk from SIL. You can also try the PadaukOT Myanmar font with both Graphite and OpenType support - if Graphite support is available from sila or graphitepango then Graphite rendering is used in preference to OpenType. Both fonts have been updated to implement the proposed extensions to the Myanmar Unicode block.
The recent builds were done against Graphite 2 pulled from svn://scripts.sil.org/graphite/. On Windows the graphite.lib files are copied into dist/lib in the Mozilla build structure. The patches to the main mozilla code are found in Sila's Bugzilla. The most recent additional sila files are in Sila's CVS.
Builds were done by Keith Stribley firstname.lastname@example.org