|resources:||Home Mailing List Installation Source Code Bugs Screenshots|
- [05/14/2005] SILA enabled Firefox and Thunderbird available for Windows and Linux
- [10/27/2003] Frank Yung-Fong Tang demostrated Project SILA in UNESCO 32nd General Conference, Oct 6-8, 2003, Paris, France
- [10/27/2003] Several web sites link to this project page
to discuss Project SILA.
- [10/27/2003] Drusilla (Linux version of SILA) alpha version available
for download (based on Mozilla 1.5 and SIL Graphite 1.0).
- [7/9/2003] SILA Design Document available for
- [6/26/2003] SILA Beta2
RC1 available for download and test.
- [5/30/2003] SIL publish some Graphite font which work with SILA
Graphite Font" page.
- [5/30/2003] Post Beta1
Engineering Builds are available for testing
- [5/4/2003] Beta1
Build is available for testing
- [1/13/2003] We start to ask Mozilla reviewers to review the
patch. see bug 172260
- [12/26/2002] Alpha build is available with Netscape 7.0
- [12/26/2002] patch is updated for Mozilla trunk
- [12/9/2002] Add screenshot about Burmese display
in SILA. see screenshots
- [12/7/2002] Stack Diac baseline issue is addressed.
- [12/3/2002] PigLatin with ASCII issue is addressed.
- [12/1/2002] A Prototype of SILA is working :)
- See screenshots
and build instruction for details.
- A list of OpenGraphite documents can be found in here
Project SILA: SIL.ORG Graphite and Mozilla Intergration Project
- Firefox and Thunderbird versions available for testing with more complete Graphite support (05/15/2005).
- Substantial changes to the Design to allow Selection and Cursor tracking support.
- Drusilla (Linux version of SILA) alpha version available for download (based on Mozilla 1.5 and SIL Graphite 1.0). Require the first install SIL Graphite 1.0. Known Issue- Ascent / Descent adjustment is not implement yet.
- Beta 2 Release Candidate 1 Build is Available for tester to test !!!! (6/26/2003). A lot of bug got fix from Beta 1.
- SILA Design Document available for review (Note: there have now been substantial changes to this, to allow selection/cursor tracking support)
- SIL put some Graphite fonts under "Download Graphite Fonts" page. Now testers can get those fonts easier. These fonts can be installer with standard Windows font installation procedure now. Graphite additional font installation procedure is no longer needed with the new silgraphite.
Graphite is an open source project SIL International put together in September 2001. It is a complex script / language rendering engine origional written for Window platform. Currently there are other open source group port the Graphite window base code into Linux platform. Read the Graphite site for more information. The current module owner of Graphite is Sharon Correll <Sharon_Correll@sil.org>.
Project SILA starts when Sharon Correll proposed to Frank Yung-Fong Tang <firstname.lastname@example.org> to intergrate Graphite rendering engine into Mozilla code during the 22th International Unicode Conference. After understand Sharon's vision about Graphite, Frank decided to spend his personal time to help Sharon to intergrate Graphite into the window version of Mozilla.
- Intergrate a stable version of Graphite with Mozilla
- Windows and Linux versions only for now.
- Won't try to check in Graphite code into Mozilla. Won't try to check in Mozilla code into Graphite neither. (Hopefully, this will change soon)
- No build dependency on each others
- Make Graphite fonts display correctly under Mozilla
- Editing, Caret, and Selection support
The current Design modifies the code in both the gfx and layout modules, to enable both rendering and proper Caret and Selection support.
Document Author: Frank Yung-Fong Tang (Project founder)
- Email: <email@example.com>
- Day Time Phone: 650-937-2913
- Email: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Note: If you want to add an area for user feedback to any of your pages, take a look at the notes.html template.